Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tomato Time!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI have decided to change the direction of this blog a bit. Instead of being a how to based blog, I am going to journal my efforts in the garden. I hope that it will be inspiring and helpful to your gardening efforts. But as always I am happy to answer questions!

Today I transplanted 23 Big Mama Roma to bigger pots. No, I am not going to plant them all in my garden. I just grow a bunch extra for family and friends. I'm growing them for myself so why not? They should be ready to transplant outside soon, but I wanted to give them a bit more time. They got off to a late start this year.

We have our other tomatoes already planted outside. Here in the Salt Lake Valley, the last frost is not expected until mid May, so we put walls of water around them to keep them warm and growing in the colder surroundings.

Needless to say, I can hardly wait until it's time to eat tomatoes from the garden!

Happy Gardening!

No comments: