- Kill weeds or unwanted grass. Just poor full strength on the weed and it should kill them within a few days. This works best with young weeds, and with more mature weeds it might take a few applications.
- Increase soil acidity. Here in our very alkaline soil, it is hard to grow things that love acidic soil. So if you have that problem too, try occasionally watering it with water that has vinegar. Just add one cup of vinegar to a gallon of water then poor on the plants such as Blueberries, gardenias, and azaleas.
- Those cut flowers in the vase, prolong their life by adding two tablespoons of vinegar plus three tablespoons of sugar per quart of warm water.
- Clean pots with vinegar before reusing to kill bacteria and neutralize lime from the soil.
- You can also rinse your hands off with some vinegar after working in the garden to avoid rough and flaking skin.
Those are just a few of the ways it can be used in the garden and yard. Please feel free to share any ways you have found using vinegar useful!
As always happy gardening!