Wednesday, September 4, 2013

How to Make Homemade Snail Bait

snail, how to kill snails, homemade snail bait, easy way to get rid of snailsSnails are my nemesis. When my kids were slightly younger, they thought they were the cutest little things and would collect them as pets. I soon got them on my level of thinking that they are garden eaters and are not allowed in my yard. Even that new movie about the fast snail didn't deter them from this new way of thinking. So now I have 3 little snail collectors for me. This, however is not enough for these beasts they require something drastic: Bait. Why spend a bunch of money buying it from the store? That stuff is expensive! So here is a homemade snail bait for you to try:

3/8 teaspoon baking yeast

1 Tablespoon sugar

1 cup water

Mix and put several tablespoons in an old container like an old tuna can and set it outside where the problem is. Store any extra in the fridge. Check each day and clear out the old snails and add bait when needed. 

There is nothing dangerous about this to pets or kids- which is a must around my garden.

Happy Gardening!!

No comments: