Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Garden To-Do List

how to grow lettuce in a cold frame, to do list for garden, what should I be doing in my garden right now? when do I start seeds indoors, how often do I need to water my lettcueNow that gardening season is upon us here is what is on my to do list this week:

  1. Start seeds indoors. I am starting all of my plants that need 4-6 weeks of time to grow indoors before last frost this week. I have already started some of the plants for my garden, and just watching and watering those.

  2. Prepping raised beds. There are a few plants that need to be taken out of my raised beds. And they need to be raked out a little bit.

  3. Putting the row cover on my strawberry patch. Now that the snow is finally melted off the strawberry patch, I can get out the row cover and spread it across so that it starts to warm up the strawberry plants for bigger plant growth.

  4. Harvest some of the lettuce from the cold frame, and of course water the lettuce and spinach.


It is still too cold and wet to plant in my garden right now, but many areas are ready for planting. You do not want to plant when the soil is too wet as it might rot out your plants before they have a chance to get established. Just take a handful of dirt and squeeze it, if water comes dripping out and it forms into a mud ball, then it is too early. Just wait until is is slightly crumbly, but moist.

Happy Gardening!

No comments: