Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cooking With Green Beans

One of the things about growing a garden is: you need to use the veggies you grow. Sometimes a a vegetable plant will start producing, and you will have a lot of the same for a long time. Well, my family will get sick of eating it cooked the same way over and over again, so I am always on the look out for tasty ways to cook the veggies I grow in the garden. Here is a recipe that I cooked the other day with green beans. These are not producing in my garden right now, but when they do, I will cook it again, and I am sure it will taste much better with my home grown veggies. I liked it, my kids even ate it pretty well. Here it is:

  • A few hand fulls of green beans washed and trimmed
  • a pepper- yellow, red, orange and even green- whatever you have will work sliced
  • teaspoon of olive oil or a few spritz' of olive oil spray
  • clove of garlic chopped up small
  • dash of salt
  • half a cup of vegetable broth or chicken broth
Spray oil in frying pan, and put in garlic, green beans, and peppers, then lightly salt. Then add vegetable broth and cook until just tender. Enjoy!

Visit our website for information on how to grow peppers and green beans. Happy Gardening!

No comments: